Initially a failure, but I managed to saved it at last!


The sacrifice: 5 pieces of the pig coccyx, 10 pitted red date, 2 jujube (蜜棗),sliced lotus root - fortified with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 table spoon of soy sauce & 3 table spoon of fish gravy.


Pour everything into the water, and boiled (with medium flame) for 40 minutes


If you realise, I still die-die added more water into the pot

And as usual, I cooked in slow flame for the rest of the 3 hours.

After that, no more photo cos I was a bit panicked cos again - thin taste!!!

I cooked for 3 hours but after that, I realised, actually my mum would normally cook for 3 hours, but she would put the pot into the "thermos" like stuff to keep warm - in a way, it's still cooking!!!!

So after the lunch, I cooked for another 30 minutes in medium flame.

Added another half teaspoon of salt and half table spoon of soy sauce, too.


OK la, this time, even my sis said 'It's a pass' (yah, FYI, her mouth is quite choosy)

So yes, success, finally!!!