Verdict: Think of "Cast Away" and earth version of "Avatar" with a story telling a la "Big Fish". This movie is full of metaphor that tells about life choices.

Film adaption is never easy. We've seen failed example like "Da Vinci Code".

Life of Pi talks about how a young man survived on the sea for almost a year, with a tiger.

Thanks to technology nowadays. I don't have to read the book to reimagine the scenes: the movie has done homework on visualization.

It is almost on par with Avatar's awesome level.

About life and choices, I thought the floating island is a metaphor on life & choices: he can choose to survive on island, while risking himself eaten by the algae, or risk himself to go back to the civilization.

I watched the 2D version. Visually stunning and I appreciate the cinematography.

My sis and tc will watch 3D version: I guess it's gonna be nice too.

Movie of the year? Maybe. But I thought "Argo" did a fantastic job as well. So it's hard to choose.

There's definitely no doubt that Ang Lee has got this film adaption well done.

Anyway, in the end, I thought what really happened during his survival was: he ate human flesh to survive.

Rating: 9/10