There's a fine line between "need" and "want"

But without realising the difference - it will end up with different experience for an individual.

Let me just give you an example:

I want a camera that can gives me professional result - a DSLR is what I want.

But actually, I only need the camera to capture the unforgettable moment, quick and easy to carry.

With that, I need a compact camera.

Further more with my compact camera, I can develop my photography skill from there - even with limited function, compared to SLR.

Result: I'm very happy with my Panasonic LX3 camera, up until today - not only I learned more about photography with that, but in the future, in case my level of 'need to take good photograph' increase - that'll be the time for me to get a SLR.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another quick example is - in Malaysia, especially in Klang Valley, majority of the people need to drive (thanks to the public transport that sucks).

But in countries with highly efficient public transportation system like Singapore or Hong Kong - they want a car instead of they need a car - because the public transport is pretty reachable to many places that the citizen need to go.

So, the "needs" and "wants" depends on the environment surrounding you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I want a job that can give me good income - so that I can have good life.

But with my skill, my experience - I need to do more to have better value.

Therefore, instead, I need a job to sustain my life, to pay the loan, and have some pocket money at the end of the month.

If I want higher pay, then I'll have to work more, sacrificing my work-life balance, work like no tomorrow.

I might be happy on the figures shown in my bank account, but again, I might be unhappy about my life.

If I want a simpler life, I need a job to sustain me just that, the bank's saving figure might be suffering, but I'm happy with my life - that I have enough time to spend with family and friends - and of course, my hobby.

So, different preference will lead to different happiness.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I want happiness - but I don't know where shall I seek for happiness - and I know that human is greedy, so there's no limit on the desire.

I start to trial and error, finding things that can make me happy.

But after all, I know I need few things in my life - family, friends and hobby.

Money - yes, I need that but if I have a decent job and I'm doing it well - by controlling my desire, it should be fine

So, by spending time with family, talking about old days with friends, listening to the music that I like -

I'm more than happy.