'Father of Classical Music', indisputable, I'm sure.

I'm currently listening to JS Bach's music.

He never failed to impress me with his industrious composition, which is technically challenging but at the same time, deep enough to appreciate.

I come to think about the competency.

People back then, were more focused and life was much more simple than now.

That's why we used to have "greatest music composer", "greatest scientist", "greatest inventor"

But people nowadays are much more distracted, inevitably, caused by the various options/excitement/hobbies/entertainment that's available around us.

The individual could be good at the things he/she does, but people nowadays will also seek for 'multi-talents', which, I think it's kinda hard for that person to achieve that.

Therefore, I come to think about the Asian mentality, where we seek for 'good things in one package'

Is that the reason why in many case, we could see Westerners that performs better, in the things that they're good at? (because they want and only want to focus on what they are good at)

How unfair for the Asians - even we tried hard to be an all-rounder - ends up good in nothing