Instead, I need a superman for this superhero-like brand.

Dell and HP are big players in PC/laptop market.

While I'd suggest to go for clone machine (i.e. DIY or self-assembling with selection of different brand of peripherals) in the PC category, for laptop, it's not wise to go for DIY model, for a very obvious reason:

After sales support.

I'm a user of both HP and Dell laptop.

Unfortunately for me, my HP laptop in its 5 years life time so far, had(or has) the following defects:

1) Spoiled power charger (which cost me 100 pounds to purchase in UK)
2) Dead pixel on my LCD
3) Spoilt card reader
4) HDD with bad sector

5) Battery that last for half an hour after 2 years of usage

The reason I blogged about this is because I had another HP laptop case, that the graphic display went haywire in just 3 months.

Their call centre only opens Mon-Fri, which requires you to send(and collect later) your laptop to their repair centre.

On the other hand, if I could spend just RM400 extra, I get a Dell laptop with:

1) 1 Year onsite support
2) A Windows (the HP didn't come with OS)
3) An Intel processor (instead of the AMD heat generator)

Just spend that little premium, that gives you peace of mind.

And most importantly,I hope my Dell won't give me the same sh*t like HP's.

Oh before I forget, my friend just buzzed me for a HP laptop with issue.


One Comment

HP Laptop Part said...

HP and Dell are both in the middle of a fight for the leading laptop on the market. Between the targeting of children with the Nickelodeon computer and the new Dell Alienware computers for gamers, you can immediately sense the customization that is occurring right now. Both companies are releasing computers specifically aimed at a certain demographic and all these computers are economically friendly. Not only is this a fight for the top, but it is also a fight to see who will have the most powerful and cost efficient computer on the market.