To read the review I had one month ago, please click here and here.

Final verdict: A cool browser that still has glitches (slow performance on third party plugins, particularly on Adobe Flash) Recommended only for users who's keen to try out new software. Else, stick with Mozilla Firefox.

After a month of using Google Chrome - the internet browser from the search giant, I can testify that Google Chrome is indeed an innovative product - tab placement, really fast JavaScript engine (website like Gmail, Facebook will load happily with Chrome), smart website selection when you key in the link address box etc

The bad part, however, is something that Google needs to fix it, and I can see that they are trying, with the developer build, these includes:

1) Third party plugins
i) Flash - if you try to load several Youtube, which uses Flash technology, you'll see Chrome crawls or hangs. (but it won't crash) From what I understand, the flash plugin is not upgradable like Firefox or IE's. Which means, it's wrapped up by Chrome. I wonder why they do this.
ii) Java Runtime - somehow, I've already got JRE 6.0 installed, it still asks me to install again
iii) Etc (e.g. Real codec, which crawls at certain points)

2) High resource usage
One thing I notice was that, my processor + memory usage was quite high. Though the reading shows it's lesser than FireFox, but it causes the computer to crawl

3) Bad Memory Allocation?
If you leave a tab loaded with webpage, then you open another tab to actively surfing.

After a while, you go back to the "old" tab - you'll see the page is blank, and it takes a sometime for the page to load back. You'll have the crawl-feel when you close a tab as well.

I don't know why, but it does remind me of the problem that FireFox 1.0 faces as well. But it was fixed in the next few release.


4) Microsoft-wannabe?
Google Chrome is not as customisable as Firefox. It doesn't have the search box like Firefox because Google claims "The address bar is smart enough to help you out"

That's not true because there are websites like Wikipedia that I can search on the same tab instantly, with the customised search box in Firefox.

With the dominance of search engine market, Google does remind me of Microsoft back in 90's, with the style "Take it or leave it, but you'll eventually have to take it too"

5) Privacy
Google created this free browser for reason - they'd like to know your internet usage behavior.

So, use it at your risk (but i'm fine with the information colllection, somehow... muahahaha)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Google Chrome has increasingly become my favorite browser, but the customisation part and the resource usage would sometimes put me back to Firefox.

But the Javascript engine is something that other browser should take a look - cos its innovative build made it really fast.