While I was taking a rest on the chair, the hostel owner, a Malaysian, approached me.

He asked where do I come from - I said I'm from KL.

He said "Oh, KL, a lot of mess going on - protest and caused big impact on the economy. I don't understand why - because the government had already given freedom to access internet, they can voice out in internet - why chose to protest?"

I didn't counter his comment, I just smiled.

From that statement, we can know few facts:

1) The current government had clearly made full use of the traditional media to brain-wash the citizen who has limited access to the internet.

Peaceful rally, if it's well organised, will definitely not cause big impact on the economy.

Instead, if it's well handled, the people who came into town, could even spend in the town after the rally.

And instead, what we learned is that the police force used all kind of measure to stop this rally.

So who's the culprit here?

2) Internet is definitely not the place for freedom of speech - this country still has 'law', such as sedition law to control the so called 'freedom of speech'.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm not sure what would happen for the General Election # 13, it could be similar like Thailand - where people in city centre voted out Thaksin, but in rural area, where they have limited access to information, would vote Thaksin, probably as a result of some "brain-wash" activity.

But of course, I hope for a country which will not rule by race, but rule by citizenship.

Again, it's isn't easy to achieve that. The fact is, the three major descendants (more appropriate than 'race'?) are still very stubborn to maintain their own legacy, everybody is waiting for others to make the first move, everybody is trying to be the first to cry out "That's not fair to us" rather than "That's good for all of us"

Sad but true.