Verdict: Heartwarming, touching & meaningful. Easily the best animation of the year.

Pixar is still the best animation studio so far.

After watching this movie, I'm sure you'll agree with me.

This movie, tells about an old man, Carl, after losing his wife - he went on to fulfill their unfulfilled adventure.

After the opening short film, Partly Cloudy, the following 15 minutes of back-story tells how Carl met his wife, Ellie, and their married life until she left for another world.

It was already very touching and you could feel the solitude Carl has to face after his wife's departure.

However, after that, began Carl's adventure. When I saw the house began its voyage, flying with balloons - I know at that moment I have the same feeling with the gazers on the street - flying with colourful balloon was something like a childhood dream come true.

I found three important messages from this movie:

1) When you have big ambition and is desperate to prove that you are right, it will turn the person insane. (Charles)
2) Sometimes, when you dare to let go, you are giving yourself a brand new (happy) beginning (Carl, telling Russell, "It's just a house")
3) And when you let go, it doesn't mean the thing will have a bad ending. (The house in the end)

Overall, it's a satisfying movie, although the logic (the dogs can speak and they can't sense there were human hiding) is more for kids.(ya I know, this is an animation)

By the way, I watched 3D version, but I feel that 2D version is enough for your visual stimulation. ;)

Rating: 8.5/10


2 Comments

aunty said...

I love the movie too! i give 9/10!!

One more illogical part, how come the charles munkt was as old as carl when he was already in middle age when carl admired him as a childhood hero.

Trevor said...

Yeah, I tried to convince that Charles was 100 years old, but stayed healthy cos the everything is good in the jungle!