One must know that, before this, the Ministry of Education had already taken away the school's field.

Earlier, it was a mine lake. It was reclaimed by the Mun Choong committee - with their own money & arrangement.

Not long after reclamation, the Minister of Education asked the committee to surrender the filled land, and subsequently built a secondary school on Mun Choong's ex-sports field.

I have two profound memory of the field:
1) The sports days, happened annually, were the exciting days for all the Mun Choong people to come together
2) Far away - nearing the end of the field, there's some old trees and had some playground facilities. They were aging but there's one 'alternative gadget' to play with - the hanging vines.

At least my father demonstrated on how to swing with the hanging vines(like tarzan) (and he was a teacher at the time, what a teacher)

So, I can't remember clearly, but when I was standard 5 or 6, the field was surrendered to the Ministry for Education.

I didn't feel angry at the time cos I'm not really enthusiastic about the sports - but I did feel sad for the school lost a venue for sports day.

And now I'm doubled the anger, after learning that at least 1 million ringgit were spent to fill up the land.

This is very un-1Malaysia since 15 years ago!