Verdict: Enjoyable animation with great illustration, inspired by ink and wash painting style

I truly enjoy the movie. Apart from the fact that it's really funny, I'm amazed by the "ink and wash painting" style featured in the movie.

They are beautiful in the sense that, I think the Chinese would need to learn one or two from this movie on how to produce a truly Chinese style animation (rather than the "greatest CG, ultra realistic rendering" -- d'you know what I mean?)

I watched the Cantonese version. I thought they did a good job to represent the funny bits of the story.

The story on how the panda become a hero is kinda absurd - but hey, this is an animation!

The kung fu part is also something that we must give credit to the animator - it's not easy to animate such a complex action!

This is easily one of the best Dreamworks animation to date :)

Rating: 8/10