Verdict: Straight forward story line with great fantasy element - only to be overshadowed by the its "fantasy predecessor" - Pan's Labyrinth

I didn't watch Hellboy I. I didn't like the character.

When I saw the Hellboy II trailer in the cinema, my mind told me "now this is a good plagiarism of Pan's Labyrinth"

Then when I wikipedia-ed the movie, I "forgave" the plagiarism - they're from the same director.

Apparently, the director didn't have enough with Pan's Labyrinth.

Fortunately, the fantasy part is in kinda different league from Pan's Labyrinth - though you may find some "shadow" of it.

I thought the fantasy element was good and for some part it carried the same message as LoTR: The Two Towers -- don't take the natural resources for granted and keep the earth clean for better living in the future.

But I kinda can't accept the twins-died-together-when-the-other-died part - just imagine, if one of them is having orgasm, does that mean the other one will moan with no reason?

Rating: 7/10