Verdict: An inspiring great home video movie

I watched this movie because:
1) I thought Star Trek was really good but
2) A lot of people complained that Cloverfield, produced by the same producer J.J Abrams was widely criticised by my friends

Well, it is simple - the video was shown in home video format is best watched with home video system.

And instead, I watched it on the laptop - I kinda enjoyed this movie.

I can't imagine that the dizziness I'll feel if I'd have to go to cinema for this - there were scene constantly showing the "shaky filming technique"

Yep, it looks realistic with the shaky camera technique - but hey, I thought it's quite unrealistic that the person can film while fleeing, and the camera battery never seemed to run dry.

The effect and the environment was good - it is scary because it gives you the first person point of view - with the disaster/catastrophe that kept coming (in dramatic way, though)

But the most ridiculous part is - how could the U.S Dept. of Defense get the tape - if the New York City was to be burned down?

Anyway, this movie is enjoyable and inspiring - strictly not in the cinema.

Rating: 6.5/10


3 Comments

lazylum said...

i actually love the idea of watching this movie in the cinema XD and i did that alone XDXDXD

ZMiN said...

We saw a few people puking in the parking lot after the movie okay... and I was feeling very nauseous.

U kno the scene where the guy dropped the camera when he met the monster? Some people in the cinema actually shouted 'YES!!!!' in a very relieved way.

And my friend puked while brushing her teeth after the movie

Trevor said...

darry: LOL, I can't imagein!

zmin: that's bad... no wonder a lot of ppl hate this movie!