Verdict: Better than DaVinci Code, a book-adapted film that did just enough homework

I think apart from sci-fi movie, the next hardest movie to make will be book/comic-adapted film.

Some books are really meant to be best understood by reading - Angels & Demons + DaVinci Code are no exception.

Thru out the 2 hours 18 minutes, it tells a story happened (mostly) in 4 hours - and to me, the things they did would need at least a day or two in real life.

While I haven't read the book, but I thought some parts were fatally illogical - how do they know that antimatter were being produced in the CERN, if the operation was a secret?

How, can Professor Langdon et al being so energetic, so efficient that they could be running around in Vatican + Rome in 4 hours, searching(+stealing) info, saving people, locate the murderer etc - with a super calm face -_-

And lastly, Camerlengo that survived the super-blast while he's on the parachute, knowing when the antimatter could explode + that it won't destroy his body etc.

But well, put those logic aside, this movie is fun to watch, the only thing is that you'll need to follow the "enlightenment" shown by Prof Langdon in almost last minute manner (that made me numb from the 2nd hour onwards) though the twist is not exceptionally good, but it's nice that the author could put together various ancient (religion) signs and make a good story out of it.

Rating: 6/10

P/S: Thanks to Tee Chong who helped to book the movie
P/S 2: I think i'm half as efficient as Prof Langdon, I left the office @ 7.10PM, suffered minor traffic jam, reached home, had my dinner, managed to drive to 1Utama @ 8.25PM
P/S 3: I met my primary school friend, secondary school friend and my colleague - we were watching the same movie in same cinema. How small the world is :-)


3 Comments

Unknown said...

a bit of luck on ur side..
i managed to book the ticket and you managed to 'fly' over to 1u despite the last minute rush...

Trevor said...

hahahaha

yeah :D

even my sister (who drove me home) also can't believe it!

ZMiN said...

I didn't like the movie... They missed out so much details!