I have a friend who had pressure on work, more than half a year ago.

The friend would call me sometimes in the middle of night.

As the listener, I listened and gave my advice, which I thought helped to sooth the friend's sleepless night.


While I symphatised with the friend's situation, I also gave two advices:

1) Try to find motivation from the job - it's not necessary the direct benefit of the job, but things are always two folded - there must be some bright side of a disaster you face

2) Get a proper hobby. Proper hobby can help to balance the stressed work - and divert the attention

I'm not sure if my friend took my advice - but I did see since then my friend started doing and enjoying the hobby.

Since then, there's no more call in the midnight.

No, I'm not complaining about those nights I was awaken.

Rather, I'm glad that my friend no longer felt pressured to that extend.