Last week, I accidentally 'welcomed' the trojans. It was because I accidentally clicked on the advert featured in the TVAnts (an online TV streaming software)

Then my McAfee antivirus started to pop up a lot of virus alert.
t
D*e la (CNY forbids such a word), a lot of trojans in my comp already.

So, recalling the last successful fight with trojans, which was like... last year, when I helped Emily to clear her laptop's trojans, at least there are no more annoying pop up while web surfing.

I downloaded AVG Antispyware (formerly known as Ewido), got it updated and performed full scan. It killed off some of the Trojans successfully, while others appeared again.


For example, the following trojan



Being clueless, I started the DSK work. Found that those China-made trojan (cos, obviously, it kept popping up China's ad), even those Chinese also clueless about it!

Most people, when they faced this problem they'll use HijackThis! to detect, then discusses it in the forum.

Somehow I chose to opt for alternative (i'm not sure, maybe it failed to delete off Emily laptop's trojan last time)

Then from another forum I found a software called Filseclab which can delete the file no matter it's being used or being stubbornly stationed there.

So, based on the lists I've got from McAfee, I used "Arrange Icon by -> Last Modified" then found the following creatures.


Without any hesitation, I deleted em' using Filseclab (NOTE: This action is dangerous. You've gotta make sure of what you are deleting, else your windows will be unusable! Cos I deleted wpa.dbl, which was not malware, luckily it's not that essential to startup my windows ;) )



Then I restarted the PC. Great! No more "virus detected" alert from McAfee!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lessons learned:

1) Most Anti-Virus (note, here I mean virus, not trojan, malware, spyware) are clueless/helpless about other than virus, they could prevent it from running, but they can't stop/deeply remove them when you've welcomed it

One of the trojans was also known as Infostealer, which was one of the trojans made my customer in horrible situation earlier on.

2) Even the Anti-Malware software also failed (probably the software I used was lousy?) to remove all the malware/trojan/spyware successfully.

3) Therefore, manual removal rocks!! It worked and saved me from reformatting (you know, the famous action taken by most of the people when they can't solve something)

4) Is it time to change the good old McAfee? It's not exactly good old, cos I have frequent updates... One thing I like about it is that it uses minimal resources and fast scanning result. (oh ya, at least, better than the Symantec's...). FYI, McAfee had served me for the last 9 years. The reason I changed was because my Trend Micro was helpless about CIH virus

5) NEVER click on those pop up adverts.

6) IE sux again! Cos the ad was popped up in IE (well, my FireFox is already my default browser, ok), and subsequently, all the trojans came into my computer. Think the option is to either update to IE 7 or REMOVE IT!