What the fu*k?

Lately my Screamyx line has been fu*king unstable.

So today, I made two calls to the tmnut customer service, fu*king pissed me off!

First of all, let's make it clear. I'm using a wireless router with an integrated ADSL (broadband) modem. It would use its own software inside the router to auto connect.

And I know it's not my windows/modem issue. Cos:

1) DSL signal is stable
2) But the broadband wise, for the past few days, it has been very unstable.
3) Therefore you may see me online a while, then would go off for no reason
4) What's happening at my side is, DSL signal is stable but, the internet just won't connect

So what have they done? They asked me to:

1) Unplug all the phone cable (which i had done before calling them)
2) Unplug all the modem cable (oh ya, in this case, is it a wireless cable?)
3) Restart the computer
4) Create the fu*king stupid manual connection in the windows
5) Then call them back if the problem still persists.

I explained and told them at least two times on the phone, that my modem is an integrated modem, it uses its own software to connect to the internet.

I really tried my best not to tell them that "you are no IT savvier than me"

Why? Because i'm DSK!

The first agent insisted me to try the manual connection. I asked him how. He asked me to go Control Panel, create connection bla bla.

I told him again, that my integrated modem is not connected in this way.

He said nvm, try first (unplugging all the phone line and connect back) if cannot give them a call back, then they will create the report.

Of course, I tried to unplug and plug back, CANNOT!

Then I gave them a ring back, the second agent asked me to do the bloody same thing.

But before that, he asked me to put the DNS into my network card setting.
I asked him to spell out the primary IP: 202.188.0.133

Then I straight away know what it is, I spelled him out the secondary dns IP: 202.188.1.5

He asked me how come I know. FU*K, I told him that i'm DSK I have been TMNet customer for more than 10 years. And I know these troubleshooting. And I told him that "I'm very sure that this is line issue"

He, same as the previous agent, insisted me to try the fu*king manual connection. So i asked him back, "So how am I supposed to make manual connection for this modem?"

"Oh in that case, you'll need to ask the PC vendor, the one who sold you the modem, they'll surely know how to do it"

FU*K THEM.

I told him back "hey how about this, I'm gonna ask my friend to bring his modem to try over here, or i'm gonna bring my modem to his house, if I could connect with the auto connect feature, you'll make a report to either investigate the port or my phone line?"

I told him that last time my line once had the similar issue, then the agent sent the engineer to reactivate the port and I could use after that.

I know it because I had done it for twice.

So now, after all, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING and now my connection is back. But it is still unstable.

What shall I do? Call them back and congratulate/thank them?

I felt ashamed that I myself is also a helpdesk agent, somehow. Yiaks.


3 Comments

ZMiN said...

Thum He Lin I feel for you man, I really do. That's EXACTLY what happened to me last summer. And I was going ballistic. I don't fucking know the part about the DNS shit, but then I got disconnected for no reason for about a week.

I called and I bitched for 30 minutes. Ahaha. I blasted the operator because he was asking me to do the same thing which I could already memorise, and I asked him go fuck himself. So he brought his manager for me to fuck instead.

After 30 minutes of cussing I got my connection back. I felt a little guilty at first, but heck, if that works, I really don't mind cussing more.

The wonder of Tmnet - cussing is all it takes to bring back your connection

Anonymous said...

I've made so many reports that I've just given up on customer service & have developed a successful way to get results:

Just says "Yes" every time they tell you to do something & then say "it doesn't work" when they ask what the results are. Act dumb instead of arguing.

I got the TM tech to come to my place on Sunday with his line tester & found my connection outside the house was corroded & this was causing the instability. Theoretical line speed (as measured on his tester) went from 800Kbps to 9Mbps just by reterminating the connection. Now instability is gone.

Actually I did learn something about the whole affair - the Aztech standalone modem they supply is more robust than my SMC, Linksys & DLink all-in-one units & was less unstable. Handy to keep it for doing testing, especially when they come around to test at your house.

I have 2 Streamyx lines at my house - 1st one was fixed on Sunday (4 days), but 2nd one still faulty 6 days after reporting it - technician quickly tested that line & says it isn't hooked up at the exchange! Probably never been hooked up - it's my backup line & last week was the first time I needed to connect to it in the 6 months I've been paying for it.

Trevor said...

anon: if u had read my second post, i made the last complain and the next day, my streamyx has been extremely stable till now.

well, good that it's stable..

but i'm seriously thinking bout switching to Jaring 1MEG @ rm79 package...

what do u think?