Finally, I've got some time to share the DSK experience.

How to search a song? There's a good song played in the radio but the DJ just doesn't wanna tell the name.

The clue is, remember the chorus part hard, and search with the " "

Why? This is because search engine will return the most viewed + most appeared sentence/keyword in the search result.

So why chorus part? Because most people (or at least, some people) will put just the chorus part of the song - most because it's the most meaningful + remembered part.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok, I'll just tell the journey I took to search the song "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash.

1. I only have the starting part + chorus . "I could see" + "sunshine is here" in my brain
2. I search like this in Google "I could see""sunshine is here"lyric
3. It returned two results that were not relevant.
4. I changed the could to can, "I can see""sunshine is here"
5. Rubbish results appeared
6. Cut short the keyword, now it become "I can see"sunshine
7. The lyrics page appeared #2 in the search result

As you can see, the lyrics that was first in my memory were wrong.
Sunshine is here = Sun-shinny day
I could see = I can see

But it didn't matter. The key to success is to trial and error ;)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Downloading the Song

Of course, my first preference would be going to FrostWire to find the shared song, and then, delete it 24 hours after dowloading it. And buy the original record.

For songs that are new, you can mostly find the single track download from web.

To search for it, for e.g.

"I can see clearly now"rapidshare

or

"I can see clearly now"sendspace

or you can modify the rapidshare or sendspace to other file hosting service co name.

You'll most probably find the song. Just the matter of availability (for legal reason, once the filehoster found it, they'll delete it)

Of course, delete it 24 hours after you download it, the artists need your support ;)


6 Comments

Anonymous said...

Or the next best thing you could do is to come msg me about it, because just so happens that I know exactly which song your talking bout! I used the chorus part for my blog title!

Now if only I can remember where I saved that freakin song, wahahaha

Trevor said...

zmin: come to think of it, YA HOR!!!?!

well, about where you saved the song, next best thing to do is to msg me lo. i'm playing it non stop now.

Anonymous said...

sure or not you delete it after 24 hrs??

ZMiN said...

Yeahlor very fake ler you thum he lin. I usually download liao move to another disk or CD or DVD after 24 hours. Wahahaha!

Oh by the by... the version that I had was by Jimmy Cliff! It's a cover version, so... ahahaha if you still want it you come msg me ok

Trevor said...

ront + zmin: maybe i meant "deleting the download source after 24 hours"


wahahahah
i dunno, i'm getting old + amnesia nowadays....

or maybe i meant "i deleted the memory that i've downloaded the song after 24 hours" wahahaha

Anonymous said...

Good words.