You know, the reason why I switched from Opera years back, to FireFox was because:

1) It didn't open ('render' is a better term, btw) the page as fast as FireFox
2) It hangs frequently when opening heavy pages like picture rich, or jave-based website
3) It lacks the customisablity like FireFox

Now, I don't know why, starting from FireFox 2.0x, I feel that FireFox has some sign of not doing its good job anymore.

And for some reason, I tried Opera 9.5 (Preview version), it reminds me the good memory when I switched from IE -> Opera about 10 years back - the light but fast web page loading software.

It blows off my mind :)

Starting from Opera 9, there's a good function called "Speed Dial" (Firefox fan had create a similar extention, which you can find it HERE)

Opera 9.5, at the moment, is recommended who intended to try the new stuff at risk. It's still at Alpha Preview version (yes, not even Beta version), so if you wanna use it at your own risk, grab a copy at HERE

Else, stick to stable Opera 9 @ www.opera.com

The picture below shows the DSK-customised Opera 9.5 ;)