I'm not sure if most of my friends know, I can't dance but I really love techno music. Oh, it's not those cheeeesy techno music you hear in the clubbing (nowadays, R&B is the trend, btw)

I've been The Chemical Brother's fan for almost 10 years. I fell in love with them when I heard the tracks Setting Sun and Block Rockin' Beats

Their music has been changing a lot since then. They are no longer as hot as those days but well, to me, their music still worth listening.

Their sixth studio album features the tracks as follow:

1. “No Path to Follow” (featuring Willy Mason)– 1:04
2. “We Are the Night” – 6:33
3. “All Rights Reversed” (featuring Klaxons) – 4:42
4. “Saturate” – 4:49
5. “Do It Again” (featuring Ali Love)– 5:33
6. “Das Spiegel” – 5:51
7. “The Salmon Dance” (featuring Fatlip) – 3:40
8. “Burst Generator” – 6:52
9. “A Modern Midnight Conversation” – 5:56
10. “Battle Scars” (featuring Willy Mason) – 5:50
11. “Harpoons” – 2:25
12. “The Pills Won't Help You Now” (featuring Midlake) – 6:35


I enjoyed most of the tracks, which are as follow:

- We are the Night does have the night element - I could see the star shining.
- All Rights Reversed will be a techno hit for sure.
- Saturate - A classic techno
- Das Spiegel - it was a track - full of fun :-)
- Burst Generator - somehow, it reminds me of U2 (?)
- Harpoons - was a calming track that sounds as if to make you prepare for the last track on album
- The Pills Won't Help You Know, which was one of their best closing track of their albums.(I loved Surface to Air from "Push the Button" very much)

I'd give this album a 3.5/5 rating. It's considered not bad, for many old bands would have lost inspiration etc.

P/S: Quite a number of Chem fans like their upcoming single - The Salmon Dance.. yep, it's dancable, but I personally find it.. boring(?)
P/S 2: Thanks to this album, it was the album that accompanied me during the journey to Singapore (neh, the trip to Sarah + Dahao's house, which sounds like it's the first and the last visit to that particular house)