Something happened last night, which made me feel that living in Malaysia is NOT safe.

I was on call - server at my client side had issue. So I had to go out at 1AM something.

What happened was on the highway, I didn't realise there's a fast coming car from my left, when I was about to turn left.

That car managed to have emergency break, so I continued driving.

Then that car tried to overtake from the right, I had to make emergency break and it was so close that my car was gonna hit their car.

There were two Indians in that car. The one sitting on the front left made the hand signal to ask me to stop at the road side.

I thought my car really hit theirs,

I stopped my car in front of theirs and two of them came down from their car and approached my car, one on my left the other on my right.

They straight away tried to open the door of my car.

Luckily they were locked.

The guy on my left shouted "KELUAR!!!" ("GET OUT" in Malay) and I saw there's a beer bottle in his right hand.

Without hesitation, I turned to first gear and quickly drove away.

That guy threw the bottle on to my car.

At a time, I drove at 140km/h.

I was scared, apparently.

Once I had arrived at the client side, I checked on my car - there's no 'wound' on my car - it really makes me wonder if that two fella were trying to create 'accident'

I could only recall their car plate's alphabet - WKT, a kelisa, and that's it.

Imagine if i stepped out of the car at that very moment, I could have:

1) Lost my laptop (there were so many work related, important data inside)
2) Lost my car
3) Lost my handphone
4) Beaten up
5) Hospitalised

I really lost faith in this country, after the incident. What happened was so real, and I do feel for those victims featured in the newspaper, for the similar incidents.

Few 'luckily' things I did in this incident:
1) I didn't step out of the car
2) I initially wind down a bit of the window, in order to talk to them, after seeing their intention, i close the window straight away
3) I stopped my car in front of THEIR car, which made me easier to drive away
4) I stopped my car but didn't turn off the engine
5) I stopped the car and temporary ended the possible 'chase'. Then they approached my car and they needed time to go back and drive their car(which didn't really seem to be the case cos when I left them, they were standing there), in case they wanted to chase after me.

What's next? I think it's really time to plan for my future, wisely. I must admit, I feel hopeless about the safety of this country.


2 Comments

ZMiN said...

a close call, really. I would've panicked and got all stoned and ended up getting beat up or sth.

I hear you, man. It indeed is pretty hopeless, the whole thing. Sigh

Anonymous said...

luckily you are ok and they are so dumb to hint u that they are gonna attack u with the beer bottle...
anyway its time to move out of this lovely country, there is not safety anymore in here.... check out newspaper everyday and u will see what is happening.... i m considering of goin to other country as well...proly aussie :P